- This event has passed.
British Canoeing Foundation Safety & Rescue Training
Wed 23 Mar 09:00 – 18:00
The FSRT course is intended for all paddlers, coaches and volunteers irrespective of craft or discipline choice, and is available in either bank-based or boat-based option (or a combined course covering both). It provides training on key skills needed to operate safely and deal with common emergencies in a sheltered water environment in any craft. Candidates should be competent paddling in kayak, canoe or SUP (preferably all 3!) to enable them to complete the course, although it is not necessary formally to hold a British Canoeing Personal Performance Award.
The FSRT course is a pre-requisite for the British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Award.
Minimum 2, maximum 6 candidates. No minimum age (although paddlers must be physically able to undertake the course – and under-18s should contact me to check suitability).
Participants should bring (I can provide * if you do not have these):
- * Your usual / preferred craft and paddle (please confirm with me which type of craft you intend to bring, I will provide others)
- * Buoyancy aid, helmet, spray-deck
- Personal paddling clothing suitable for the weather – we will get wet!
- * Personal safety equipment (throwline, knife, towline, tape/sling, karabiner)
- Canoe Wales / British Canoeing Membership card (if you are a member!)
- Lunch / snacks / drinks
- Cash for parking (c.£4) and toilets (20p)
- Hand sanitiser, face masks, etc.
The course will take place on the River Usk at Brecon Promenade or the canal in Brecon (depending on water conditions).
What to Do Now
- Contact me as soon as possible if you have any questions.
- Complete and return to me (by e-mail or post) the attached Booking Form.
- Pay the full course fee (£75 unless I’ve agreed a reduced rate with you!):
by buying a ‘ticket’ using the link below
or via BACS, cheque or if your employer or another organisation is paying (details on booking form).
Course Cancellation Policy
If the course is cancelled by me, I will offer a choice between transferring fees to the next available course or receiving a full refund. Refunds will only include fees paid to me for the event, compensation will not be paid for incidental costs or expenses and I recommend that candidates use refundable vendors for accommodation, travel etc. If you cancel your place after booking, you will be liable for the full course fee unless I can recover some or all of the cost of your place from elsewhere (e.g. if you can find another, additional, candidate to take your place).