- This event has passed.
CANCELLED British Canoeing White Water Kayak Coach Training
Wed 24 Feb 2021 09:00 – Thu 25 Feb 2021 17:00
***Cancelled due to Covid lockdown*** All my courses will be run in accordance with Covid-19 regulations and guidance. While there remain restrictions on indoor gatherings, most courses will include video-conference sessions to cover ‘classroom’ topics. These will usually be a few days before and/or after the main ‘practical’ (outdoor) sessions, arranged to suit participants on each course. The dates shown below are for the ‘practical’ sessions only.
- You must not attend if you are currently experiencing any of the symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been asked to isolate because you are a contact of a known Covid-19 case or if you are subject to a 14-day isolation period following travel overseas.
- You should arrive in your own vehicle and avoid car-sharing with anyone outside of your [extended] household.
- You will be expected to comply with social distancing and hygiene measures during the course.
- Please bring as much of your own equipment as possible, to avoid unnecessary sharing.
- Full ‘on the water’ membership of Canoe Wales / British Canoeing (etc.);
- Hold White Water Kayak Leader (or former 4* Kayak leadership Award); and
- Completed Core Coach Training (or the following ‘old’ British Canoeing courses, if you feel confident with their content: Level 2 (UKCC) Training OR Assessment; Moderate or Advanced Water Training OR Assessment; Level 3 (UKCC) Core Training OR Assessment
What to Do Now
- Contact me as soon as possible if you have any questions.
- Complete and return to me (by e-mail or post) the attached Booking Form.
- Pay the course deposit of £120: by buying a ‘ticket’ using the link below or via BACS, cheque or if your employer or another organisation is paying (details on booking form).
- Arrange Full ‘On the Water’ Membership of your ‘Home Nation’ Governing Body, if you don’t already hold this (join Canoe Wales online, if you live in Wales, using the ‘join now’ button at https://www.canoewales.com/).
- Let me know if you are able to bring your own craft (you might prefer to use yours instead of my dodgy ‘club’ ones!).
- If you register yourself formally for the Coach Award (optional at this stage, cost £45) you will also be able to access the Coach Award eLearning which you will need to do at some point before assessment – register online through the NGB’s Membership Portal or phone Canoe Wales HQ if you’re interested in this.
Course Cancellation PolicyIf the course is cancelled by me, I will offer a choice between transferring fees to the next available course or receiving a full refund. Refunds will only include fees paid to me for the event, compensation will not be paid for incidental costs or expenses and I recommend that candidates use refundable vendors for accommodation, travel etc. If you cancel your place after booking, you will be liable for the full course fee unless I can recover some or all of the cost of your place from elsewhere (e.g. if you can find another, additional, candidate to take your place).
0 people are attending CANCELLED British Canoeing White Water Kayak Coach Training